Thursday, May 24, 2012

Introduction

My name's Harry and for as long as I can remember, I've spent my spare time trawling through different forms of experimental music. It all began when I got my first set of turntables as a teenager and spent much of my time and money in record shops. I eventually managed to build a respectable portolio of local bookings in the midlands, UK before scaling it all down to a halt for various reasons. One crucial factor was that my record collection and turntables were put away in storage due to a lack of space following a move.
Towards the end of my DJ 'career' I got into ambient music in a big way and began to write a blog called Audio Gourmet. It documented my various projects in music, at a time when I was also learning to make my own ambient tracks. It still featured the odd house mix or beat driven productions to begin with but gradually I focussed on ambient music more and more.
My work with sound has since seen limited edition commissioned CD and vinyl releases come out on small labels and I am an active member as part of a growing community of artists, listeners and labels.
In 2010, I used the Audio Gourmet blog as a name and foundation for starting my own label which has since grown to feature over 60 releases.

This brings us back to present day, in which a recent move has reunited me with my old turntables and records. Naturally, I have been putting together mixes of my records and adding new additions to my record collection and that's why I have set up this blog. I will be periodically posting mixes, which I've entitled Warehouse Decay Sessions to air my feelings of 'nightclub nostalgia' as I get re-acquainted with my records. It also springs back to mind some of the clapped out old warehouse parties that I played at, which have probaby now since been closed.
The posts here will not just be mixes from me, but they will also feature the work of other DJs too and any noteworthy House related discoveries. The Audio Gourmet blog will continue to offer my insights into the modern ambient scene whilst here I will cover my taste in House music, under the pseudonym Magnofon

No comments:

Post a Comment