Thursday, May 24, 2012

Warehouse Decay Sessions #1


01  Carl Finlow - Islands
02  Tom Ellis - Bounce Point
03  Seuil - Musm
04  Slowhouse - Track 1
05  Baaz - Something
06  Peace Division - Get Over
07  Tomska - Let's Get It On
08  Ekkohaus - The Healer (Kreon's Linderman Remix)
09  Federico Molinari - Dos

Kicking things off with a short mix that clocks in at just over half an hour, this is my first proper attempt at recording a mix in about 3 years, so I was chuffed that it turned out okay. If anything, the fact it went so well is perhaps what got me back into this whole thing again!
I had bought a few new 12"s in the run up to this session and then went about setting aside a few piles of records. I set the recording levels and got right onto it in on-the-fly fashion.
Opening the mix is an old favourite deep electronic cut by Carl Finlow and then the mix chugs along at a steady pace through garagey moments by the likes of Tom Ellis and Tomska, via more stripped back/techy pieces by Seuil and Peace Division. I also managed to shoehorn in a coupe of favourites from Baaz an Slowhouse - I dare say I'll be flipping these EPs over to the B side for use in future mixes.

No comments:

Post a Comment